Author Topic: Michael Franti and Spearhead  (Read 3346 times)

Offline Dj:Eep

• LMB Resident DJ/WiseAss
  • Global Moderator
  • LoveMyBus SuperSecret Agent
  • I think I brained my damage.
Michael Franti and Spearhead
« on: October 26, 2006, 03:00:24 PM »
Do you guys know who Michael Franti is? I just heard some of his new stuff today. If you don't know, he is a musician from San Francisco who travelled to Iraq with just a guitar and a small film crew. He wandered the streets well outside the "Green Zone," talking and singing and learning what it was actually like to live in war torn Iraq. Here is a music video he made. They also sell the documentary he made and the CD he made on the website.

http://www.spearheadvibrations.com/pop2.html
DjEep goes "bump" in the night.

Offline mikebigh

• LoveMyBus Newbie
Re: Michael Franti and Spearhead
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 09:11:01 AM »
232 VIEWS FOR A REPLY DUDER.....

Yes, Franti is very good. I saw him last year at Mtn Jam and something happened to me.....i dunno, it was a good show though. But I hear he plays the same show....night after night.....all the jams are the same, sorta got a bad cookie cutter vibe from the spearhead crew.

Offline OHJIMMY1968

• Mik
  • LoveMyBus Activist
  • Lose Your Head!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 06:49:53 PM »
i only know one song..Ganja Babe...but its probably one of my favorite songs ever!!! :033:
Fill My Head With Grateful Dead

Offline olivesmom

• LoveMyBus Recruit
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 05:44:27 PM »
i heard 'bomb the world' when i was in austin this summer then like 3 days ago when i was getting Olive inspected this random dude came up and we started talking about music cuz he saw my coexsist sticker and he reminded me of that song it was so crazy i had totally forgotten about it but he really made my day...but it also goes to show that you cant judge people cuz u would have never guessed this guy even liked that kind of music..he really made my day though
not all who wander are lost

Tags: