Author Topic: I'm leaking Oil and can't figure out why  (Read 2969 times)

Offline huston93

• LoveMyBus Newbie
I'm leaking Oil and can't figure out why
« on: March 24, 2013, 01:09:07 PM »
So I got stranded at my girlfriends house a couple days ago with a sizeable oil leak. I'm posting some pictures of where its coming from. Oddly enough, it only leaks when I have high RPM's. I don't know a whole lot about engines or fixing them, any help would be greatly appreciated. Pic # 2 and pic #1 show where the oil is coming from. and Pic # 3 shows some oil around my dip stick and filler tube that I thought was rather excessive. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Offline huston93

• LoveMyBus Newbie
Re: I'm leaking Oil and can't figure out why
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 11:51:45 AM »
So. I am pretty sure it is coming out of my dipstick tube inside the engine case. What would cause oil to shoot out of the dipstick tube?

Offline giz59

• LoveMyBus Recruit
  • Long Live the Vw's...
Re: I'm leaking Oil and can't figure out why
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 06:07:06 AM »
if as you opinion mate ,the oil is coming out the dipstick pipe? one cause can be too much oil in system, another ,is blocked breather pipes leading to backpressure,sadly, i cannot view the pics due to my crappo comp. >>>would suggest you clean entirely your engine ,ensure its entirely dry, sprinkle talc powder around where you think leak is ,and run engine a while and check for oil trace in/on talc ,let us know how you get on re this>how old is bus? is it regularly serviced?>>and best wishes.
  • 1971 bay

Tags: bus oil leak 76