Author Topic: Do your bus a favor, ditch that 009.  (Read 32836 times)

Offline Dj:Eep

• LMB Resident DJ/WiseAss
  • Global Moderator
  • LoveMyBus SuperSecret Agent
  • I think I brained my damage.
Re: Do your bus a favor, ditch that 009.
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2008, 12:23:25 AM »
, temps are down,
the main reason for this is on the stock VAD's the lobe for #3 is retarded 3*. the reason for this is as everyone knows #3 runs hotter than the rest so retarding the timing on it brings the temp down so all 4 are consistant. this is why it is very important to make sure that your dizzy drive gear is installed correctly when you build your motor.
Que?  That post doesn't make much sense....

And anyways, #3 should only run hot in non-doghouse type 1 engines. 
DjEep goes "bump" in the night.

Offline LowFatBug

• LoveMyBus Recruit
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2008, 07:58:52 AM »
, temps are down,
the main reason for this is on the stock VAD's the lobe for #3 is retarded 3*. the reason for this is as everyone knows #3 runs hotter than the rest so retarding the timing on it brings the temp down so all 4 are consistant. this is why it is very important to make sure that your dizzy drive gear is installed correctly when you build your motor.

sure thing ace! tell you what you do. you test one yourself then make your statement about who doesn't make sense. that is if you can figure out how to test this
if it ain't aircooled it ain't worth having!

my phone number is 469 667 2151

Offline Dj:Eep

• LMB Resident DJ/WiseAss
  • Global Moderator
  • I think I brained my damage.
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2008, 10:06:07 AM »
 :no:

Chill bro.  I understand the physics involved in an engine, no worries there.  I know about the #3 cylinder, and the built in retard.

Pointing out that your post is misleading and poorly written.  Are you saying that using an SVDA lowers temps due to the retardation?  Are you saying that 009's run hot because they lack this retardation?  My AC.net SVDA does not have a #3 retard.  My 009's ran hot because of the increased fuel mixture needed to generate the same amount of energy at the piston.  Timing is a delicate balance.  Contrary to popular belief, advancing timing does not always cause hotter running, and retarding does not always cool.  Yes, in general, that's the rule, but in practice, it is all about where the timing is when, and what the intake and load conditions are.
DjEep goes "bump" in the night.

Offline GostaBerling

• LMBarchaeologist- I dig your bus!!!
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2008, 09:34:18 AM »
, temps are down,

sure thing ace! tell you what you do. you test one yourself then make your statement about who doesn't make sense. that is if you can figure out how to test this

Dude, that was uncalled for.
Check out Willy's blog: Life and Adventures of a bus named Willoughby

http://willoughbus.wordpress.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the Storm to pass... It's about learning to Dance in the rain!

Offline GostaBerling

• LMBarchaeologist- I dig your bus!!!
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2008, 07:35:43 AM »
I've been reading a lot about the flat spot in the 009 lately and I was curious if this dead spot would go away or lesson after the vehicle has warmed up? Or would it be there throughout operation?
Check out Willy's blog: Life and Adventures of a bus named Willoughby

http://willoughbus.wordpress.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the Storm to pass... It's about learning to Dance in the rain!

Tags: