Author Topic: Few Electrical Issues '79 VW Bus Transporter type 2  (Read 10484 times)

Offline Irie_Feeling

• LoveMyBus Recruit
Few Electrical Issues '79 VW Bus Transporter type 2
« on: November 30, 2011, 08:17:22 AM »
Ok so i have just a few issues i hope can be answered by my fellow bus lovers. First off, she sat a year and still started. I bought a brand new battery, new clutch and new clutch cable. But for some reason my battery light is on but it never seems to die or anything. My turn signals used to always work, but i accidentally blew the fuse, i replaced the fuse but they still dont work. The dash lights shine as if they were on but no blinking in the bulb, all my lights work to. and as well the last topic is EGR, i do believe thats the exhaust system but what is it telling me?

Please and thank you :)
  • 1979 VW Bus Transporter
When the POWER of LOVE overcomes the LOVE for POWER, the world will then know TRUE PEACE!

Offline Irie_Feeling

• LoveMyBus Recruit
Re: Few Electrical Issues '79 VW Bus Transporter type 2
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 08:50:10 AM »
seriously, not one of the 44 people who viewed it had advice? Well i HATE samba so i suppose i will just go there. thanks for all the GREAT advice all ;)
When the POWER of LOVE overcomes the LOVE for POWER, the world will then know TRUE PEACE!

Offline Beetle

• Global Moderator
  • LoveMyBus Radical
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 06:49:36 AM »
Take a look at this thread.
Beetle
'69 Bus (Bessie)

Offline Irie_Feeling

• LoveMyBus Recruit
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 11:00:12 AM »
Take a look at this thread.

Yes i did see that thanks. The fuse box i already know tho. I have already replaced the fuses and the Relay

Offline mark_the_singer

• LoveMyBus Recruit
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 10:23:15 AM »
I'm a little slow on the electrical issues. With your blinkers, check the seat where the bulb sets. I had some issues last summer with my rear right blinker and I took the whole thing apart and cleaned it up. It's worked well since then. I'd like to replace my whole fuse box with a more modern one using american style fuses but I don't want to break what's working now. Good luck and I agree that the responses on this site have slowed down quite a bit.

Tags: