Author Topic: Pop Top Canvas  (Read 9431 times)

Offline mark_the_singer

• LoveMyBus Recruit
Pop Top Canvas
« on: October 12, 2011, 11:27:26 AM »
I've got a '71 with a pop-top, no canvas. I have an old tent that I'd like to repurpose for the pop-top canvas and a good used sewing machine. Does anyone have a pattern that I could use? Thoughts? Am I a crazy breaking new ground?

Offline Beetle

• Global Moderator
  • LoveMyBus Radical
Re: Pop Top Canvas
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 02:20:51 PM »
Wouldn't you be better-off to buy one?
Poptop Canvas
Beetle
'69 Bus (Bessie)

Offline mark_the_singer

• LoveMyBus Recruit
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 09:07:48 AM »
I thinking economics here. I don't have the Do Re Mi for new canvas but I have an old tent and thread doesn't cost that much. Plus, I like the idea of customizing my bus with stuff I make. I can't make and engine block or a transaxle but I can sew. I actually had home ec in middle school. Once I figure out a pattern, I can't imagine it will take me more than a day to sew it. Doesn't seem like there's anything complicated to it, like making glove or such. I'm still gonna have to mount it, like a would a store-bought one. Anyone with me on this?

Offline Irie_Feeling

• LoveMyBus Recruit
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 09:04:12 AM »
not sure if this helps but if you browse a bit i am sure you can find it http://www.camperize.com/poptops.html internet is full of amazing things :)
  • 1979 VW Bus Transporter
When the POWER of LOVE overcomes the LOVE for POWER, the world will then know TRUE PEACE!

Offline tomnagel

• LoveMyBus Newbie
  • Long Live the Vw's...
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 11:25:21 PM »
"LOVE for POWER" is very much in practice in today's scenario.

Tags: