Author Topic: Led Zeppelin  (Read 15284 times)

Offline Recycle

• Administrator
  • LoveMyBus SuperSecret Agent
  • Just Sittin' here on group "W" Bench...
Re: Led Zeppelin
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2006, 06:01:16 PM »
Doh!
  • 1972 Westfalia
I got electric light,  And I got second sight. Got amazing powers of observation...

Offline OHJIMMY1968

• Mik
  • LoveMyBus Activist
  • Lose Your Head!
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2006, 06:27:29 PM »
it happens^ :002:
Fill My Head With Grateful Dead

Offline Dj:Eep

• LMB Resident DJ/WiseAss
  • Global Moderator
  • I think I brained my damage.
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 03:05:35 PM »
don't blame me for the spelling...  :110:

I don't have any bootlegs but I wish I did. 

Not Zep, but Geri Lou was born on 6/18/69, the same day as a Who show @ the Fillmore.

PS. the Immigrant Song is the best driving song ever... if only it was longer.
DjEep goes "bump" in the night.

Offline Rocky Raccoon

• LoveMyBus Radical
  • There are no facts, only interpretations.
Re: All Time Great Pictures and Art
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2006, 04:20:51 PM »
yeah thats a good song too...i disagree with the second part though....I am a HUGE zeppelin/ robert plant fan/ know it all i guess....and robert was very serious about zep...he considers it to be one of the best things he's done in his life.  He is also a great vocalist, in my opinion the best.  He had so much talent and he really felt his music

He was a good vocalist yah but as for knowing music or music theory he was lost compared to Page and Jones. Also he lacked instrumental talent besides the harp. Im not saying he wasnt important but I prefer the other members of Zepp. personally. Again though, no plant no zepp. so its all good :)
"Was aus Liebe getan wird, geschieht immer jenseits von Gut und Böse."
-What is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil.-

Offline OHJIMMY1968

• Mik
  • LoveMyBus Activist
  • Lose Your Head!
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2006, 07:12:06 PM »
I still consider him amazingly talented though..I mean, a voice like that doesnt come around often :002:

Offline Rocky Raccoon

• LoveMyBus Radical
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2006, 05:55:55 AM »
I concour. He had that distinct alto voice that was really popular all of the sudden. In fact you can contribute all the 80's metal bands that used the higher pitched singing style to Plant becuase he made it cool. At some points it almost turns falsetto. I remember one time watching one of the way later concerts of him performing Stairway and it was so sad becuase he had ruined his voice at that time or just for that concert it was bad. He couldnt hit the same notes and his voice was in a mid range. Still cool guy. This lady at work was kinda crazy and looked like plant so we called her plant. She would talk to herself and just was insane basically.

Offline OHJIMMY1968

• Mik
  • LoveMyBus Activist
  • Lose Your Head!
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2006, 11:05:49 AM »
well his voice was great up to 72' and at the 73' concerts it was just waaaaaaaay over used adn really hoarse and scratchy.  But sonce there wasnt any tours in 74', buy 75' his voice was mosty healed and he sounded great(like earls court shows) and by 77' the same 73' incident happened again...It most likely had something to do with his 75' car accident though.  After his son died in 77' he had almost 2 years to heal it up again, so he sounded really good at the knebworth 79' shows....and that was almost basically the end, cause of the death of john bonham in 80' and some solo stuff i dont like, but his newest album mighty rearranger i really like, and at the concert last summer he sounded fantastic!  So anyways, my whole point is, Robert has always been a great vocalist, probably the best in my opinion.  And I forgot to add one little thought, a lot of people forget that your voice does change with age and im guessing matures as you become older.  When Rob started singing back in 66' he was only 18 years old, and when zep started he was 20, and I dont know for sure, but 20 is still pretty young, and i think he probably still had a little more growing up to do w/ his voice, and  thats why it changed so much over the years, putting so much stress on it as he was still trying to develop it.
 Well, those are my thoughts..sometimes i get a little carried away with my zeppelin-ness :002:

Offline Rocky Raccoon

• LoveMyBus Radical
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2006, 08:05:55 PM »
Its totally fine. yah and that concert I was talking about was a really later 70's one. still badass just it was sad to see it at moments. and yah he was a good vocalist and he could play the harp like a badass.

Offline OHJIMMY1968

• Mik
  • LoveMyBus Activist
  • Lose Your Head!
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2006, 03:37:04 AM »
yeah for sure...bring it on home from the royal albert hall show was great!  And just to warn anyone, I can get VERY deffensive if anyone says bad stuff about zep, nothing personal though, I just love em' so much, so if i say something sometime thats a little...whatever....just ignore it :003:

peace

Offline Dj:Eep

• LMB Resident DJ/WiseAss
  • Global Moderator
  • I think I brained my damage.
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2006, 04:33:58 AM »
sounds like me and TOOL.  They are personally my favorite band, although I still consider Zep the best band of all time, overall.
DjEep goes "bump" in the night.

Offline OHJIMMY1968

• Mik
  • LoveMyBus Activist
  • Lose Your Head!
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2006, 12:44:35 PM »
yeah..you just gotta stick up for your band ya' know?? :001:

Offline zozo

• LoveMyBus Elite Radical
  • O2BNAVW
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2006, 03:13:19 PM »
My wife had front row seats to see them in Houston way back when.  She still talks about it.  They introduced and played "a song from their new album" and went into Stairway to Heaven.  I'm still friggin' jealous.

Offline westy6789

• It's not the destination, it's the gettin' there
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2006, 05:47:19 PM »
yeah for sure...bring it on home from the royal albert hall show was great!  And just to warn anyone, I can get VERY deffensive if anyone says bad stuff about zep, nothing personal though, I just love em' so much, so if i say something sometime thats a little...whatever....just ignore it :003:

peace

Back in the mid 70's I had a girl friend that was totally bonkers about Robert Plant. You are the first one I have seen since then. Pretty cool!

I like listening to #2 in it's entirty while I am cruisin' in my bus.... :eusa_dance:
Bus Pilot

Offline Rocky Raccoon

• LoveMyBus Radical
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2006, 06:13:48 PM »
led's pretty cool but id rather beatles it up.

Offline westy6789

• It's not the destination, it's the gettin' there
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2006, 06:24:38 PM »
Yes, I really enjoy the Beatles too.

I also have a passion for all types of jazz and 40's swing too... but this is the led sled, I don't want to hijack the thread... :058:
Bus Pilot

Tags: