Author Topic: Emergency Flasher switch  (Read 3648 times)

Offline LarsenAA

• LoveMyBus Recruit
Emergency Flasher switch
« on: June 08, 2011, 11:05:43 AM »
I am supposed to be working on my business, but instead I am procrastinating and working on my bus.  I have a 69 Bay window deluxe.  I ordered an Emergency Flasher switch module thingy from Mid-America motorsports http://www.mamotorworkstv.com/vw/product/12-volt-8-prong-emergency-flasher-switch_302717/  and it is different then the one that is on there.  I thought once I got it, I could just take the wires off of one and put them on the other.  Not the case.  I was wondering if there was someone out there that could assist me with this.  There are some places I could take it close by, but I feel that if I get the info from here, it is more like I am doing it myself.   :p6: Please keep in mind that I am mechanically challenged and the simpler the better for me.  Here are the list of wires and the colors.  I realize that these may not even be the original wires, but if you want to take a stab at it, I will give it a try on this end. 
Wires: Black/ purple stripe ~ black/green stripe ~ black/white stripe~ white ~black ~ red ~ blue
I included the link to a picure of the new switch that I have.  Thank you for any help that you can give me.  Also my horn does not work, and everything seems to be hooked up.  Does it also go through this switch? 
`
  • J. Clancy Magoo
"You have to believe in something, or you will fall for anything!"

Offline Beetle

• Global Moderator
  • LoveMyBus Radical
Re: Emergency Flasher switch
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 01:15:19 PM »
Beetle
'69 Bus (Bessie)

Offline LarsenAA

• LoveMyBus Recruit
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 02:06:36 PM »
Beetle,
Thank you for the quick response, but I have a few more dumb questions.  1. How do I know what posts to put the wires on? 2. There are 7 different wires and 7 posts on my module, with an extra one on the side.  What is the one on the side for?  Is it laid out on the diagram and  I am not seeing it right?  Thanks for your help.
  • J. Clancy Magoo

Offline LarsenAA

• LoveMyBus Recruit
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 02:37:33 PM »
After further investigation, MidAmericamotorsports sent me the wrong one.  They have it labeled for a 68 and late, but really it isn't. Cip1 on the other hand has it listed as a 74 and later, with another model being the one that I need.  I guess maybe I learned my lesson on where to order parts, and where not to.  Thanks for the help.  Once I get the new part, I still may have questions. 
  • J. Clancy Magoo

Offline Beetle

• Global Moderator
  • LoveMyBus Radical
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 03:19:53 PM »
Bus Depot has the correct part here.
Beetle
'69 Bus (Bessie)

Tags: