Author Topic: Tires  (Read 2328 times)

Offline mark_the_singer

• LoveMyBus Recruit
Tires
« on: August 20, 2009, 05:13:21 PM »
What are the tire sizes for a '71? I have three different sizes on my bus (not my doing) and I want to make sure I get the right size. They're all 14's but I have a 190, 185, and a 195, I think. I have some good 185's from my Subaru (one tire went and you have to replace all four with the all-wheel drive) and I was hoping I could put two of the good ones on the bus.

Offline Fastmc25

• LoveMyBus SuperSecret Agent
  • King of the Road
Re: Tires
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 06:46:57 PM »
What are the tire sizes for a '71? I have three different sizes on my bus (not my doing) and I want to make sure I get the right size. They're all 14's but I have a 190, 185, and a 195, I think. I have some good 185's from my Subaru (one tire went and you have to replace all four with the all-wheel drive) and I was hoping I could put two of the good ones on the bus.

185's 75-14  will work ......... you will need to make sure you have a "load range C " tires though............ passenger car tires usually are load range "A or B" and are not stout enough in the sidewall area for a bus.............. they will work but i wouldn't recommend it.... handling will be squishy.....  :eek:
"I spent the first 20 years of my life trying to bag some weed....... and now the rest of my life ....just bagging weeds......"

Peace,
Paul @ http://Lovemybus.com
www.arklatexvwclub.com

1973 Adventurewagen  2.8L            "Clyde"
1961 Deluxe Beetle "ALA...Original"   "Christine"

Offline rastafoo

• LoveMyBus SuperSecret Agent
Re: Tires
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 07:30:24 PM »
Check out the Hankook tires on busdepot's site. Ratwell's pages have interesting reading on tire pros/cons for buses.
"spirit is the journey, body is the bus"

Tags: