Author Topic: Powder coating wheels?  (Read 2352 times)

Offline olylawnboy

• LoveMyBus Elite Radical
  • Long Live the Vw's...
Powder coating wheels?
« on: July 04, 2009, 12:26:25 AM »
 Anyone know how much it would cost to powder coat wheels? A buddy of mine offered to powder coat Winnie's wheels to cover a favor he owes me and I'm wondering if it's worth it. And is it worth the effort and cost of having the tires taken off the rims, put back on, and ballanced? Shiny white easy to clean wheels sound pretty good :)
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist. - Dom Helder Camara

Offline Fastmc25

• LoveMyBus SuperSecret Agent
  • King of the Road
Re: Powder coating wheels?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 05:17:11 AM »
Hey Oly,  My local guy will do them for abot $40 a wheel ........average.It depends on how bad they are......... he sand/media blasts them and does 2 coats of powder, baking between coats....  they come out nice and will last a very long time.... thumb1
"I spent the first 20 years of my life trying to bag some weed....... and now the rest of my life ....just bagging weeds......"

Peace,
Paul @ http://Lovemybus.com
www.arklatexvwclub.com

1973 Adventurewagen  2.8L            "Clyde"
1961 Deluxe Beetle "ALA...Original"   "Christine"

Offline olylawnboy

• LoveMyBus Elite Radical
  • Long Live the Vw's...
Re: Powder coating wheels?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 07:47:37 PM »
 Thanks fast, I don't know if he's going to give me two coats but he will media blast. The guy owes me a couple hundred that I figured I'd never get, so I think Winnie is going to get shiny wheels next month :eusa_dance:
When I feed the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist. - Dom Helder Camara

Tags: