Author Topic: Torsion Arm Removal  (Read 4430 times)

Offline Bobaloo

• LoveMyBus Recruit
Torsion Arm Removal
« on: May 25, 2009, 09:06:14 PM »
Hi all!
I'm wondering what is involved in r&r my torsion arms & balljoints.  I want to take the torsion arms off to get new balljoints installed. Also, I am having a real big problem removing the balljoint from the steering knuckle.  Everything from claw clamps and pickle forks.  While I have these cranked as far as possible, I put a floorjack under the bolt, heat with a torch and the beat the heck out of them with a BFH. Nothin'!

Either way, I'll get the bolts out somehow.  BUT I'll still need to take off the torsion arms.  Is it a big deal? do I need to replace and seals etc?

Thannks,
Bob

Offline vwbuscrazy

• LoveMyBus Grunt
Re: Torsion Arm Removal
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 07:32:41 PM »
Did you get it done? How did it go?

Offline Bobaloo

• LoveMyBus Recruit
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 08:47:40 PM »
buscrazy,
No, I haven't done it yet. Still waiting on the parts.  Hope to get them real soon.  I'll keep you updated!
Bob

Offline Bobaloo

• LoveMyBus Recruit
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 09:28:42 PM »
 :041: Well, I finally got it done today.  Wasn't too bad.  Definately needed the BFH.  Pickle forks, (one on a air chisle).  For sure a two person job.  It took about 5hrs, but we weren't in a hurry, even stopped for supper!  I'm just happy it's done, the old Balljoints were just flopping around in the torsion arm.  Now I gotta get an alignment. Thanks to BusBoys for the beautiful parts!

Tags: