Author Topic: Dilemma  (Read 2764 times)

Offline MMac

• LoveMyBus Recruit
  • Boldly going forwards cos we can't find reverse!
Dilemma
« on: April 02, 2009, 07:31:36 AM »
Hi. Umm..Wondering if you can help with my dilemma?

I would be most grateful for any advice you could give on this matter of deep concern to me, as I am now in two minds about what to do.

For sometime now I've suspected that my other half may be having an affair. You know the sort of thing. The phone rings, I answer, someone hangs up.

Recently he has started going out 'with the blokes' a lot and when I ask which blokes it's always "Just some friends from the club, you don't know them". Most of the blokes in the club are in their 70s. Suspicious?

Suddenly he's getting a taxi home instead of asking for a lift. I always used to be his taxi. Now he uses a real one he says for coming home (very unusual for him - he's got Aberdonian in his blood), and he always walks down the street, although I can hear a car setting off as if he has just got out of one around the corner.

The other day I picked up his mobile, just to see what time it was, and he went mental, screaming at me that I should never touch his phone again and why was I checking up on him.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with him. I kind of think deep down I don't really want to know the truth.

But then last night he went out again and I decided that I would check up on him. I hid behind Seymour which I knew would give me a good view of the whole street so I could see which car he got out of on his return.

It was whilst I crouched behind the campervan that I noticed rust around my rear wheel arch.

Do you think I should take it into a body repair shop or should I buy some stuff from Halfords and try to repair it myself? ....

You can learn many things from an old camper; how much patience you have, for instance.

Offline Fastmc25

• LoveMyBus SuperSecret Agent
  • King of the Road
Re: Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 12:55:33 PM »
Hi. Umm..Wondering if you can help with my dilemma?

I would be most grateful for any advice you could give on this matter of deep concern to me, as I am now in two minds about what to do.

For sometime now I've suspected that my other half may be having an affair. You know the sort of thing. The phone rings, I answer, someone hangs up.

Recently he has started going out 'with the blokes' a lot and when I ask which blokes it's always "Just some friends from the club, you don't know them". Most of the blokes in the club are in their 70s. Suspicious?

Suddenly he's getting a taxi home instead of asking for a lift. I always used to be his taxi. Now he uses a real one he says for coming home (very unusual for him - he's got Aberdonian in his blood), and he always walks down the street, although I can hear a car setting off as if he has just got out of one around the corner.

The other day I picked up his mobile, just to see what time it was, and he went mental, screaming at me that I should never touch his phone again and why was I checking up on him.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with him. I kind of think deep down I don't really want to know the truth.

But then last night he went out again and I decided that I would check up on him. I hid behind Seymour which I knew would give me a good view of the whole street so I could see which car he got out of on his return.

It was whilst I crouched behind the campervan that I noticed rust around my rear wheel arch.

Do you think I should take it into a body repair shop or should I buy some stuff from Halfords and try to repair it myself? ....

I'd take it to a bodyshop and make him pay for it...... might cut down on the money he's spending with "The Blokes".....  then he can pick you up and take you places........  thumb1
"I spent the first 20 years of my life trying to bag some weed....... and now the rest of my life ....just bagging weeds......"

Peace,
Paul @ http://Lovemybus.com
www.arklatexvwclub.com

1973 Adventurewagen  2.8L            "Clyde"
1961 Deluxe Beetle "ALA...Original"   "Christine"

Offline MMac

• LoveMyBus Recruit
  • Boldly going forwards cos we can't find reverse!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 01:50:10 PM »
Ha Ha.  lol
You can learn many things from an old camper; how much patience you have, for instance.

Offline GostaBerling

• LMBarchaeologist- I dig your bus!!!
  • LoveMyBus SuperSecret Agent
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 06:50:43 PM »
I'd rub his nose in the rust and make him fix it as punishment. Oh wait that only works on the K9 versions of dogs lol
Check out Willy's blog: Life and Adventures of a bus named Willoughby

http://willoughbus.wordpress.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the Storm to pass... It's about learning to Dance in the rain!

Offline rob17

• LoveMyBus Recruit
  • Long Live the Vw's...
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 09:39:30 PM »
that was pretty funny.... so what kind of car did he get out of. it wasn't a split window was it?
Rob

Tags: