Author Topic: pulling to the left  (Read 2294 times)

Offline mrsparas06

• LoveMyBus Member
pulling to the left
« on: March 17, 2009, 08:41:26 AM »
My bus pulls to the left....only every once in a while but it does.  I didn't really notice before because I wasn't driving that far and I was being super careful.  What can cause this?  FYI I have none of the interior in and I was not sitting on a seat just my bum on the metal  :p15:
When the going got tough, I junked my Chevy and bought a VW!

Offline vdubyah73

• LoveMyBus Elite Radical
  • CHANGE THOSE FUEL LINES, ALL OF THEM.
Re: pulling to the left
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 03:27:35 PM »
Unequal tire pressure is the cheapest thing to check, so do that first.
 After a drive, immediately jump out and feel the wheels near the brake drums/calipers on the left side, take the hub caps off before the drive so you can get your hand right on the wheel. If one wheel is warmer/friggen hotter than any other, that brake is sticking. Probably a swollen brake hose.
 Front end out of alignment.
CHANGE THOSE FUEL LINES, ALL OF THEM. See avatar

http://Http://bustersbestsandwiches.com

Offline GostaBerling

• LMBarchaeologist- I dig your bus!!!
  • LoveMyBus SuperSecret Agent
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 05:35:38 PM »
Is it just a random thing? Does it happen when you hit the brakes? Does it happen when you hit a bump? Does it happen when the wind is blowing hard? Pay close attentions to the circumstances around which it happens. This will help you to narrow the problem down further.
Check out Willy's blog: Life and Adventures of a bus named Willoughby

http://willoughbus.wordpress.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the Storm to pass... It's about learning to Dance in the rain!

Offline mrsparas06

• LoveMyBus Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 06:32:12 PM »
Sweet guys!  Thanks for the info.  I will check the tire pressure here this weekend...I kind of ran to far close to empty and don't have the extra $$ to get gas right this second.  I will also do the jump out and feel the temps of the wheels.  That, vdubyah, was what I was thinking...at least about brakes sticking only because it was to the left.  The problem though is that its not while hitting the brakes or wind but just randomly while I am accelerating or coasting.  The last time I was driving it pulled REALLY hard to the left and I had to work at keeping the wheels straight....I will figure it out here and let y'all know!  Thanks guys!!

Offline mrsparas06

• LoveMyBus Member
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 10:22:58 AM »
Ok husband gave me gas $$ so I could check this out.  Turns out...as far as I can tell...it was the tire pressure  :eusa_wall:  I always freak thinking its the worse.  I am still going to keep an eye on it just to make sure but since I put the right amount of air in I didn't have any issues driving home  :bangyourhead: Thanks again guys!

Tags: