Author Topic: CONVERTING OVER!?!?!?  (Read 8650 times)

Offline Freshsince84

• LoveMyBus Recruit
  • Pumpkin V-DUB
Re: CONVERTING OVER!?!?!?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 01:01:27 PM »
cool we'll get some pasta or something of the sort together i'll grab a floor jack and some stands, i'm grabbing an engine hoist this weekend so i can move this motor hanging out in the garage then we can put the '70 in there while under construction. for tonight i'll grab some lights some other tools to work on it when it gets dark, i'm thinking as far as tonight goes we can get the interior going and start to wrap our heads around this axle thing,
i think you grab the brake line stuff anywhere. like schucks and the like, i think we can even get the steel bits from like lowes and stuff.

grab some of this stuff,
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=13358-56291-13358&lpage=none

pasta is always good haahaa im down. yea i have some stands too ill try and bring them but im using them when i get home so i can deal with my clutch cable so if i cant get it fixed today it will prolly stay on the stands till this weekend or something but o shall try cause the more the better. i can as well bring my floor jack. Yea that plan sounds good to me, do the interior and plan out the rest of the stuff. Yea this project is getting me all giddy haahaa i just want to get it up and going now and go on a campin trip in it lol
When the power of LOVE overcomes the love for POWER, we shall all know true HAPPINESS!!!!

☼Jam☼

Offline Theizzardking

• LoveMyBus Grunt
  • Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 01:05:46 PM »
yea i know!!! there's a meet going on @ xxx root beer out in north bend this weekend i'm sad that my '71 needa little work before the next big trip other wise i wanted to go out to that and camp out at mount si or tiger mountain or something,
oh well!this is awesome too! also when you grab that reflexticx stuff you also need some spray adhedsive as well to make it stick to the metal on the inside all said and done you should every thing you need for like $25-45 bucks.

when we get the 70 done i'll put a litte work in the '71 and we should go someone cool for a trip together, the women would love it! 
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin
'77 westie "Merkwürdigliebe" aka lovie or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
'71 westie "the wanderer" aka wanda
98 jeep zj 5.9l 3" rubi expres

Offline Freshsince84

• LoveMyBus Recruit
  • Pumpkin V-DUB
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 01:11:23 PM »
yea i know!!! there's a meet going on @ xxx root beer out in north bend this weekend i'm sad that my '71 needa little work before the next big trip other wise i wanted to go out to that and camp out at mount si or tiger mountain or something,
oh well!this is awesome too! also when you grab that reflexticx stuff you also need some spray adhedsive as well to make it stick to the metal on the inside all said and done you should every thing you need for like $25-45 bucks.

when we get the 70 done i'll put a litte work in the '71 and we should go someone cool for a trip together, the women would love it! 

here how about you make out a list of stuff so i know exactly what i should be getting so i can call around on prices and stuff
When the power of LOVE overcomes the love for POWER, we shall all know true HAPPINESS!!!!

☼Jam☼

Offline Theizzardking

• LoveMyBus Grunt
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2008, 01:53:37 PM »
stuff we need tonight,

1-2 rolls of reflectix or whatever, here it's cheapest ,the one listed below is the best deal.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100020855&N=10000003+90401+503272+1643

2 cans of adhesive (the 3 m stuff is best but i found any cheap ol stuff works good as well) so anything like below.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=275900-69-633285&lpage=none

start deciding what you want to do for panels flooring ect ect ect., personally i like the pergo it's cheap and really easy to install. but that's me check into your options and see if you want carpet,pergo,laminate,vinyl or those rubber mats puzzle pieces you use in your garage or shop floor.
those are all viable options and i've seen all of them used in buses before, things to consider are  resistance to moisture,ease of use in installation or repairs, price, and what catches your eye.

here's some photo's of me doing mine, after further research though i'd advise against the "great stuff" foam.your choice though.

and some pics of the wanada(the green one) when i first got her.. just for fun.+ i like pics of the girl working on the bus! haha!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin
'77 westie "Merkwürdigliebe" aka lovie or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Offline Freshsince84

• LoveMyBus Recruit
  • Pumpkin V-DUB
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2008, 02:11:01 PM »
stuff we need tonight,

1-2 rolls of reflectix or whatever, here it's cheapest ,the one listed below is the best deal.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100020855&N=10000003+90401+503272+1643

2 cans of adhesive (the 3 m stuff is best but i found any cheap ol stuff works good as well) so anything like below.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=275900-69-633285&lpage=none

start deciding what you want to do for panels flooring ect ect ect., personally i like the pergo it's cheap and really easy to install. but that's me check into your options and see if you want carpet,pergo,laminate,vinyl or those rubber mats puzzle pieces you use in your garage or shop floor.
those are all viable options and i've seen all of them used in buses before, things to consider are  resistance to moisture,ease of use in installation or repairs, price, and what catches your eye.

here's some photo's of me doing mine, after further research though i'd advise against the "great stuff" foam.your choice though.

ok sounds good i will pic up maybe one roll of reflectiv tonight on my way home and some adhesive spray. hmm i think i like the hard wood floor idea but then at the same time i might want just carpet cause i would be bring my dog with me and she might scratch the pergo.

haahaa yea its a good pic. sexy girls sexy vehicles ;O)

☼Jam☼

Offline Theizzardking

• LoveMyBus Grunt
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2008, 02:17:55 PM »
the wood flooring in back is funny!!
 i wanted to put socks on my friends dog and drive around corners really fast with him in the back!!! hahah! :043: :eusa_dance:
maybe it's just me but i can just picture it! :bangyourhead: :LMAO:

that said i use a floor mat over the wood when i'm driving around to keep the floor scratch free whilst driving and then when i get to camp i chuck the floor mat outside by the sliding door to have a little place to take boots and what have you off before you get into the van, i also like the ability to sweep out the bus very easily as opposed to having to vacuum,

but carpet would be the easiest to install and replace if you have any problems!!!! by far the easiest!

Offline Freshsince84

• LoveMyBus Recruit
  • Pumpkin V-DUB
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2008, 02:29:35 PM »
the wood flooring in back is funny!!
 i wanted to put socks on my friends dog and drive around corners really fast with him in the back!!! hahah! :043: :eusa_dance:
maybe it's just me but i can just picture it! :bangyourhead: :LMAO:

that said i use a floor mat over the wood when i'm driving around to keep the floor scratch free whilst driving and then when i get to camp i chuck the floor mat outside by the sliding door to have a little place to take boots and what have you off before you get into the van, i also like the ability to sweep out the bus very easily as opposed to having to vacuum,

but carpet would be the easiest to install and replace if you have any problems!!!! by far the easiest!
i think wood flooring looks pretty badass but in my case i think it will be better for carpet for sure. i dont mind vaccuming haahaa

☼Jam☼

Offline Theizzardking

• LoveMyBus Grunt
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2008, 02:38:15 PM »
in that case check out bobs carpet and flooring in everett off of... ?evergreen? it's by the value village between there and Everett high school,
they usually have good stuff cheap and can break you off "remnants" or whatever to do the bus in. go with shag man! hahaha j/k
but check them out and 90% of the guys who work in there smoke so they're down to deal and stuff, that meaning you wouldn't go in to the bon and haggle prices with them but they guys are cool like that, i've done carpeting for my parents house throught them over the years so that';s how i know about that. other wise check the usual spots ect ect ect.

do you want me to track down the original color/pattern used in the 1970 Rivera baywindow bus?
or do you just want to make it look cool?

i like the cool factor over the original factor, original is for old people with alot of money, i doubt hippies who rolled these things back in the day cared about originality.... just my 2 cents ! haha, but don't let me sway you! you have to look at it everyday! haha!

Offline Freshsince84

• LoveMyBus Recruit
  • Pumpkin V-DUB
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2008, 02:47:33 PM »
in that case check out bobs carpet and flooring in everett off of... ?evergreen? it's by the value village between there and Everett high school,
they usually have good stuff cheap and can break you off "remnants" or whatever to do the bus in. go with shag man! hahaha j/k
but check them out and 90% of the guys who work in there smoke so they're down to deal and stuff, that meaning you wouldn't go in to the bon and haggle prices with them but they guys are cool like that, i've done carpeting for my parents house throught them over the years so that';s how i know about that. other wise check the usual spots ect ect ect.

do you want me to track down the original color/pattern used in the 1970 Rivera baywindow bus?
or do you just want to make it look cool?

i like the cool factor over the original factor, original is for old people with alot of money, i doubt hippies who rolled these things back in the day cared about originality.... just my 2 cents ! haha, but don't let me sway you! you have to look at it everyday! haha!

yea making them original would be awesome IF i could afford so i just wanna make it my own and how i like it. So dont worry about original color pattern cause im gonna change the color regardless of the whole exterior at one point. Shag would be pretty sweet haahaa and i thought about doing that in the bus i have now

☼Jam☼

Offline Theizzardking

• LoveMyBus Grunt
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2008, 03:13:27 PM »
cool man!@! i'm heading home now look forward to seeing you guys tonight!!!

Offline rastafoo

• LoveMyBus SuperSecret Agent
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2008, 07:23:53 PM »
i.k. - my Janis is a 73 riviera, her shocks and boots look the same. I've been driving her for the last year-every day to work- and I would think she would let me know if the ball joints were on the way out with some knuckling or whatnot....I'm at the don't-fix-it-till-it's-broke phase as I save up some$$$ to go thru everything one system at a time.
i did replace the swingarm/steering rod a few months back.....I checked the ball joints by levering with a crowbar-they're still ok for now....
"spirit is the journey, body is the bus"

Tags: