Author Topic: Headlights wont come on!  (Read 5632 times)

Offline DONKEY!

• LoveMyBus Newbie
Headlights wont come on!
« on: June 27, 2008, 08:06:22 AM »
 :imnew:

My previously working headlights now wont come on.  I have dashlights, tailights, and the fuses all look good, WHY WONT MY HEADLIGHTS WORK!!????

I just got this 66 kombi and im new to all this.  My mechanic says I need to replace my relay in the future as it makes a clicking sound sometimes when stopped.  Could this be the problem with my headlights?  Also my hazard lights dont work, never had, but my blinkers do and headlights used to.  HELP!

Offline GostaBerling

• LMBarchaeologist- I dig your bus!!!
  • LoveMyBus SuperSecret Agent
Re: Headlights wont come on!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 10:17:12 AM »
welcome Donkey.

I don't know much about the split windows, but your first order of buisness would be to check fuses. If both headlights suddenly stopped working a blown fuse would be the most common cause. If all is well there then it's time to break out the volt meter and check for volt to and from your headlight switch. If you haven't yet get a repair manual that has electrical diagrams and start tracing wires, if all else fails.
Check out Willy's blog: Life and Adventures of a bus named Willoughby

http://willoughbus.wordpress.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the Storm to pass... It's about learning to Dance in the rain!

Offline BRDSAMc

• LoveMyBus Newbie
Re: Headlights wont come on!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 04:19:06 PM »
Victoria is my 71 Westy.

Her problem is in the ignition switch where the springs that roll the key back to the run position are worn out. See what happens if you nudge the key back towards the off position without turning the key actually off.

It is a problem I am just living with because replace the I. switch in bay window is really a drag.

That is a simple explanation hopefully that is all it is.

Have a good one.

Brant

Tags: