Author Topic: Question  (Read 6336 times)

Offline Recycle

• Administrator
  • LoveMyBus SuperSecret Agent
  • Just Sittin' here on group "W" Bench...
Question
« on: March 16, 2006, 07:24:52 PM »
Anyone know if there is a bumb stop or something simaler for the break pedal release? I am not sure if you all hear what I hear when i slide of the break pedal and hit the gas- a loud clank from the pedal coming up. Is there a component that has been missing off my all my buses... hehe. If there isnt a component missing / failure is there a fix?
  • 1972 Westfalia
I got electric light,  And I got second sight. Got amazing powers of observation...

Offline Wizzard

• Grand Poobah
  • Global Moderator
  • Cruisin' in the Magic Bus
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 07:32:56 PM »
I forgot , what year is your bus? With my '71 I have the new and improved  ;) power brake with the front discs and do not hear that or have it happen , but it seems to me that 30 years ago when I had my '66 split window that use to happen to me all the time . And I simply got use to it .
Regards, Wizzard
People are like flowers , and I want to thank you for letting me walk thru your garden .
                                         ...... Lord Buckley

[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://imgcash2.imageshack.us/img193/692/wlogo2b.jpg[/img]

Offline Recycle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 07:35:18 PM »
Yah mines a '68 Mini pop top-
 I can ignore it, but if there is a fix, I would like to know about it hehe.
  • 1972 Westfalia
I got electric light,  And I got second sight. Got amazing powers of observation...

Offline Wizzard

• Grand Poobah
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 08:02:14 PM »
I'll check into it asap . Here is my current annoyance . I installed new wipers and ever since I did when I use them they make an annoying scraping sound . Their not hurting anything just making me crazy ......... :o Ok , crazier . The old ones didn't do that but with all the rain we've been having I needed to change them .
I've even tried bending the arms out a little and all for naught.
So I reckon I'll just turn the stereo up a liitle louder........ :P
People are like flowers , and I want to thank you for letting me walk thru your garden .
                                         ...... Lord Buckley

[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://imgcash2.imageshack.us/img193/692/wlogo2b.jpg[/img]

Offline Recycle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 08:19:29 PM »
hum... I wonder did you get the corect size? Well ill tell you my story of wipers- A few monthes after I bought my bus I went to get some wipers- well the auto parts guy gave me a "X" size wiper which I installed, not knowing that they were a bigger wiper. Well, a longer surface area, and brand new / wiper / windshield create enough tension to shear the wiper off the pin while I was in a huge rain storm on the way to Astoria. On the freeway! And guess what! It was the drivers side, and we were in the biggest traffic jam of my lifetime... LOL Well to make a long trip short- Our normal 3 hour trip to Astoria took 9.5 hours and my head nearly exploaded. I stretched out a few vessels and the circle of willis  for my future cerebral anurysm...
;D  ;D  ;D   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D ???  ;D
  • 1972 Westfalia

Offline Wizzard

• Grand Poobah
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 08:40:55 PM »
Yeah , their the right ones . I bought them at my favorite VeeDub custom shop and my buddy that is a salesman even came out and installed them on the spot . So go figure . Will take some pics this weekend . Since the Magic Bus is a work in progress and it is my daily driver so it isn't like I can have it down for any period of time at all .
Too wet and cold right now to ride my motor-sickle .
I really want to lower the front end , I have not found an econmical way to that yet . I have done a lot of reading and research and have trouble justifying that kind of expense at this point .
My next purchase is going to be an external visor for the front windshield .
My darling spousette tells me it is looking more like a bordello every day .............. :laugh:
I've cut some custom carpet and she actually went out and bought me a new Persian Rug to cut an even newer set of carpets cause the old one still smells like our dogs . I can't smell it . Even found me a killer orange bean bag chair .............oh hell , I'll just have to take some pics and send them in .
Peace and rezpect , Wizzard
                                         ...... Lord Buckley

Offline ttmck

• LoveMyBus Grunt
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 11:24:07 PM »
re the brake pedal does it have the rubber bungs that go into the floor round the base of the pedals these are designed to keep water out and i reckon if there missing they will also make the brake pedal and clutch go bang when released  check first bud .... tom

also check the kit available thru just kampers for lowering
go you susy rego number sue110 in aus

Offline splitdawhiska

• LoveMyBus Recruit
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2006, 02:11:21 AM »
could be the master cylinder ??????
not to sure but if its the brakes then you should get on to it
yer lower the better

Offline Recycle

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2006, 02:15:27 AM »
nah not master cylinder-
 Its not a functional problem. It is strictly an annoyance... It makes a loud thump when you slide ur foot off for acceleration. I know there is some sort of bump stop rubber grommet type thingy that fits in there somewhere.

((( Oh Crap No Brakes...............))                      Help me stop!!!!!!!!                  Argggg......Crash!    Bang              boom
  • 1972 Westfalia

Offline splitdawhiska

• LoveMyBus Recruit
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2006, 03:31:23 AM »
aaarrrrrhhhhh

yer i know the noise you talking about
its like the pedal has a bit more spring in it when you slid your foot off
my 75 did the same

just put the stereo louder

;D

Offline ttmck

• LoveMyBus Grunt
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2006, 11:48:59 PM »
had a quick look at mine ummm whilst driving when you push down the clutch and brake pedal i can see day light there is def a rubber grommet bushing that goes round the bottom of the pedal you will have to gain access from under neath i reckon on yours there no where to be found . hence the clunk bang thuddddddddddd !!!!!
see how u go
go you susy rego number sue110 in aus

Offline Recycle

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2006, 03:48:26 PM »
well I did find this thread regarding my question...
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=161134&highlight=floorboard+holes

So time to hit the junkyards...
  • 1972 Westfalia

Tags: