Author Topic: Where did all the Brake Fluid go!  (Read 3569 times)

Offline LarsenAA

• LoveMyBus Recruit
Where did all the Brake Fluid go!
« on: July 21, 2014, 12:15:28 PM »
All right here is the dilemma: I had my brakes working awesome, or at least working.  I then let the bus sit for two years while I clean out the gas tank and do a bunch of other things that took way too long.  I just got the bus running and  pulled out of the garage and realized I am actually pushing against the floor.  Do I just need to add fluid, or I do need to re-bleed the brakes completely?  Or is there something going on that I am not even aware of?  I am sure this has happened to others.  I also should note that I haven't seen pools of fluid around the front of back wheels.  Thank you in advance. :028:
  • J. Clancy Magoo
"You have to believe in something, or you will fall for anything!"

Offline LarsenAA

• LoveMyBus Recruit
Re: Where did all the Brake Fluid go!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 10:05:07 AM »
Ok, I decided to add more brake fluid and see what happens.  It ended up running out of the bottom.  After pulling the front panel off ( something I should have done before.) I noticed that the reservoir was broken off of the tube, therefore leaking.  Would it be safe to say that is why my brakes have stopped working?  If I get a new reservoir, will I then I have to re-bleed my brakes as well? 
  • J. Clancy Magoo
"You have to believe in something, or you will fall for anything!"